Face wash and moisturiser may be a vital part of your skincare regimen, but some thing that is often neglected is a face scrub or an exfoliator.
Apart from removing dead skin cells that form on the surface of your skin, it does a lot to keep the skin looking and feeling healthy.
1. REMOVES DIRT: Whether it's grime from a long day's work or sweat from a gym session, exfoliating your skin will give it a deeper clean, prepping it for the next step which is applying the moisturiser. A face scrub is a must for your gym bag.
2. TREATS AGING SKIN: When you hit your thirties, the natural skin regeneration process slows down. A face scrub lends a helping hand here by mimicking skin rejuvenation to boost aging complexion, giving the skin a new lease of life.
3. PREVENTS SPOTS: One of the biggest reasons for spot-prone skin is build up of sebum (a naturally occurring oil in the skin), which causes clogged pores. To avoid this, use a face scrub twice a week - you'll see your spots and blemishes disappear.
4. GIVES YOU FLAKE-FREE SKIN: A lot of people who have dry skin often complain of flakes as they are difficult to control. The solution lies in exfoliation. Gently rub the face with a face scrub for a fresh complexion which when hydrated with a good moisturiser, can remain absolutely flake-free.
5. IMPROVES YOUR SHAVE: An exfoliator not only cleans your skin prior to shaving, but also removes dead skin cells that clog up your razor, thus improving razor glide. Moreover, it also prevents and removes ingrown hair.
FOAMING TIP: Since face scrubs don't generate a lot of foam, you can mix a small amount of scrub with a little face wash to create your own version of a 2-in-1 exfoliator
IDEAL WAY TO EXFOLIATE: Apply face scrub in the same way as face wash.
Start with wetting your skin with warm water before applying a small amount of scrub to your fingertips. Apply the product to your whole face in circular motions.
Pay special attention to areas of concern (T-section, area to be shaved). Rinse off to achieve smoother skin.
CAUTION! Stick to using a face scrub no more than two or three times a week. Overuse can result in your skin being stripped of the natural oils it needs to retain elasticity, thus overdrying your skin.